Best practice in importing site data

I have imported site data (property lines, topo, etc.) from an engineer's DWG file. Now I have to rotate and align the site data with my house plan. My thought is to group the site objects together so that I can move and rotate all of those objects as a single object. Because of the different types of objects imported from the DWG, I can't seem to make a cad block or a symbol. I don't dare try to manipulate all of the imported objects because I would have to select each of them for every command (move, rotate, etc), which would be impossible.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You need to do the reverse.  Keep the DWG in its own file, then reference the house plan file into it.  Here's the help page.

image.thumb.png.743b032c039abd4d663e073f65ae7472.png

Contact ReneRabbitt for better instructions.  I'm still wrapping my head around this, but it works similar to the cad detail footprint.  you can select the entire referenced plan, point-to-point move it and rotated it to match your dwg lot orientation.  You can also raise or lower it on the z axis to get your garage doors to match up with the driveway, for example)

Not as good an option, but one I'm more familiar with is to export the house as a Collada model then import it as a library object.  You can manipulate it the same way, just have to remember the model is oversized to include your gutter and overhangs, so you can't manipulate it with the same precision.  It also hogs resources, which isn't a problem for me until I have more than 10 models in the same plan (like a subdivision).

Referencing works well, but is not ideal in all situations.

Another option would be to create a new Layer Set that displays all of the site layers only, as well as Wall layers, but locked have those Locked. This way you can just Select All and manipulate as needed, when needed.