PLANS

decorators3

Hi

I imported  this house plan to create a 3D rendering for my client   -  house plan has two individual residences  -  one side is a one level with a crawl space  - the other is a full basement (  5 ft below ground )as you can see by the attached PDF. with a second floor 

1. do I treat this as a split level?  or work up from the basement

2. When I tried to add the second floor ( to at least have that added- seeing how I wasn't getting anywhere with the foundation) it does not show in my plan view and when I use perspective full overview only main floor shows  ( with the foundation )

Wondering if it has something to do with the imported PDF

Any assistance is welcome

Cheers

Levina

elevations.png

side elevations.png

floor plan.jpg

Edited by decorators3
found out that to add the second floor has to be in camera view -

Hey Levina, the best way to handle this is to keep all of the main floor at the default elevation of 0. Then lower the Foyer floor and other floors as needed.

The simplest way to understand the elevations is to import the elevation drawings into Chief at the correct scale. Place the drawings so the main floor elevation is at 0" on the grid and the create your own 'storypole' using some cad lines, dimensions and markers to develop a clearer picture of the various elevations. This method will give you the guidance you need to adjust room elevations in plan view.

56 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Hey Levina, the best way to handle this is to keep all of the main floor at the default elevation of 0. Then lower the Foyer floor and other floors as needed.

The simplest way to understand the elevations is to import the elevation drawings into Chief at the correct scale. Place the drawings so the main floor elevation is at 0" on the grid and the create your own 'storypole' using some cad lines, dimensions and markers to develop a clearer picture of the various elevations. This method will give you the guidance you need to adjust room elevations in plan view.

I didn't realize  I could import elevations.. thanks