Deck framing

PMMully

Hi all, I am doing a major deck project. CA seems to be doing a fine job of generating the beam schedule, but not the joist schedule (joist would be on hangers off the beams). the correct beam/joist layout is being generated on the floor framing views. Is there a way to make the schedule include this the joists? Nice for an MTO is the reason I am asking. I specifically went into a joist and told it to add to the schedule, but nothing gets into the schedule. I am using floor 0, which is where the framing is showing up.

Pat -

see the instructions on the attached screen clip;

I created this schedule on the foundation level that shows the deck joists...but, the schedule can be on any floor. If you want the schedule on say the first floor you would just have to uncheck the box at the top top of the dialogue that says "include objects from all floors"...then you can specify the only floor you want included.

2024-04-10_09-55-59.thumb.png.bf48747d640d18c10f9451f0e386ea10.png

@SNestorthat is exactly what I was doing, unchecking that box, selecting floor zero (you taught me that :-) ). This is a series of decks together, different elevations, with stairs. The interesting thing is the framing generation is correct visually (joists on hangers 16" OC), it just does not show in the schedule, only the beams show in the schedule. So maybe CA is getting confused due to the various deck room-types next to each other, on different elevations.

I first declared the deck-rooms butted next to each other, then set the elevations, then added stairs between the two elevations. The top deck elevation has a roof aa well, and CA did a good job of that roof generation. As always, my plans are never easy.

CA does a reasonable job on the visual aspects of the framing gen, beams, post, and joists. It helps to give a reference point on what the framing should/could look like, all overridden by a PE is over 30" in FL. The only the beams show up in the schedule no matter what I do. It just would have been helpful for the MTO, we are long past that now.

I will upgrade to X15 as I have the rights. There was not much compelling to upgrade for me outside of the truss generation, but that all gets done by others anyway, I can not negate the step of bringing the truss engineering image in and overlaying it anyway.