New computer and lost dimension capabilities

rcmcdougle

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

I just installed Chief x 14 on a new computer and some of the dimension tools are not working. Manual Dimension and End to End snap but fail to generate numbers or anything else. All other dimension tools seem to be OK. Any thoughts?

• Solution

Can't see how a new computer would affect that, but check the dimension defaults, Locate Manual and Locate End to End, specifically. If they're not set to locate things, they won't. I'd wonder what Dimension Default you're using, too, since they'll behave different depending on view. It'd be pretty surprising if you experienced this same thing in all views.

11 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

Can't see how a new computer would affect that, but check the dimension defaults, Locate Manual and Locate End to End, specifically. If they're not set to locate things, they won't. I'd wonder what Dimension Default you're using, too, since they'll behave different depending on view. It'd be pretty surprising if you experienced this same thing in all views.

Not sure how that all got changed but Locate was set to none for those dimension tools in the 1/4" scale dimensions in plan view. I'll now need to dig through my template plan to see what else is awry.