Can 3D CAD objects be placed between Balusters on a fence?

DIYJon

I've used the Fence feature to build a wrought iron gate whereby the Balusters are the 1/2" uprights between both of the 1 1/2" posts and 1 1/2 top and bottom rails.  It looks great.  The only problem is that I can't figure out how to insert synthetic 5" wide slats between the Balusters.  If I create a 3D shape, it's constrained by the fence planes and can't slip between.

If I edit the fence and change Balusters to Panels, I get alternating wood panels which resemble what I'm looking for, but that removes the wrought iron Balusters, naturally.

Is is possible I may have to completely model the entire gate as a 3D object rather than building a fence between the block wall pilasters?  I suppose modeling it would also allow me to add the doorknob insert on the gate as well as the flat-iron cross beams which the boards attach to...

Thoughts?

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.20.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.21.17 AM.png

It would help to show a picture of what you are trying to model.  You might be able to create a symbol that has both the balusters plus the wood slat and use that as either your baluster or panel symbol in the rail.