Irregularly Shaped Walls

kwhitt

I’ve got a situation where an irregularly-shaped chimney pad will be forming a section of a room’s wall – first attachment.  Obviously, this custom pad cannot act as a true wall which I need to be able to create the room definition.  What are you doing in instances like these?  Using invisible walls to fill in those areas to define the room?

This house also has several walls that come to sharp points – second image.  Is there a way to deform walls in Chief to take on this shape?  If not, I can use poly-solids to get it to look right in 3D but what do I do in plan view to represent this shape?

Thanks, Kevin

01.jpg

02.jpg

21 minutes ago, robdyck said:

image.thumb.png.c3e21232238a5ca022493f81e577e09c.png

image.thumb.png.78226813b1a6543dbb3165ba8c807e6a.png

Thanks Rob.  Very cool.  I'm assuming that is an invisible wall?

Is my idea of using invisible walls for the first question, the only way?

Yes, I used an invisible wall (1/2" thick, drywall material)

Umm, no, invisible walls wouldn't be the only way, but it might be the best option. There could be more to the story that I can't tell from the picture, you know? From what I can tell, I'd stick with using the same wall type for the concrete foundation and make it invisible. That should also give you decent wall connection control.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, robdyck said:

Yes, I used an invisible wall (1/2" thick, drywall material)

Umm, no, invisible walls wouldn't be the only way, but it might be the best option. There could be more to the story that I can't tell from the picture, you know? From what I can tell, I'd stick with using the same wall type for the concrete foundation and make it invisible. That should also give you decent wall connection control.

Thanks again, Rob.

• Like 1