Slope Following Grade?

Astrigal

I am a bit new to CAx15 and wondering how to make the exterior siding follow the slope of the grade as it goes from the main front level to the rear walkout level?

Can this be done automatically?  The way they construct here in Minnesota the exterior foundation wall is 2" certifoam type insulation flush with the main floor exterior OSB (backed by the 8" conc wall held back 2" to create that flush condition) so that the siding can follow the grade without respect to where the concrete is behind the rigid. Looks cleaner in real life this way.  Any thoughts?   Thanks!

No, it can't be done automatically. You have a few options to experiment with, all are best handled in elevation view. I'll list some options in no particular order:

• Use a material region to add the finish layers to the foundation wall. This will cut around windows automatically and is very quick to use.
  • Use a 3d solid, not as flexible as a material region, but it has some similarities.
  • Split the foundation into a pony wall and manually adjust the connection in elevation view. I wouldn't use a pony wall unless the actual wall structure is different.
  • Upvote 1