STAIR/RAILING

Cadwork22

I attached a cam view, is there a way to adjust the length of the rail on the stair, so it doesn't interfere with the upstairs opening?

See attached,

Thanks,

Michael

Screenshot 2024-03-27 132327.png

• Like 1

You could try adding a "complete break" to the stair and then turning off the railing on the top section.  You can do this by using shift-select on the top section so you can turn off the rail and not turn it off on the lower section.

You could also try turning off the automatic rail and manually draw a railing that is set to "follow stairs".

Sorry to bother again, if I break the stairs with the "add break," the stairs break, but unchecking the top half rail does nothing.  I tried the break line tool in the drop down, and still nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks. 

Not just a "break".  You need a "complete break".

Click on the stair.  

Click the "break" tool that appears on the edit toolbar (not the stair breakline tool).

Now look at the edit toolbar and you will see that it has some new tools.

Look for the one with the "c" on it.  That's the "complete break" tool.

It will split the stair into two separate stair sections.  When they are separate, you can set one to have a railing and the other to not have one.

There is also a video here (but it is not specific about stairs):

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/303/using-the-break-tool.html?playlist=97