Need help with an exterior siding/paint color problem.

SteveO

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

I currently have siding on the exterior of my house design. I downloaded the Sherwin-Williams catalog into the Manufacturer Catalogs folder in the Library Browser so I can see what some of the different S-W colors look like on the house exterior. I've been using either the Adjust Material Definition or the Material Eyedropper tools to get the different S-W colors on the exterior of the house, BUT when I do this the exterior "siding look" changes to a "flat surface" look. So, I'm looking for a way to try these different S-W colors - from the downloaded S-W Catalog in the Library Browser - WITHOUT changing the house exterior siding to a flat surface. Don't know if this matters, but I'm using an older version - Home Designer Suite 2016. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Solution

Yeah definitely want to ask the HomeTalk forums. It appears HD does have the same blend function https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00131/using-the-blend-colors-with-materials-tool.html but I don't know if it had it in 2016.

I suspect you should still be able to use the Adjust Material tool though. On the Texture panel there should be an option to blend the color there. The color chooser allows you to eyedropper a color from anywhere on your screen, so if you open your library browser to that material beforehand you should be able to pick it up from there.

• Upvote 1