I've attached a pdf of the roof plan showing multiple roofs , pitches etc, and SADDLE area.( have no idea what  that is - assuming it is a flat roof)

I've tried auto roof build but so many changes so I've been  struggling  for the past several hours creating roof planes ( over and over) and trying to  get them together ( without much luck).  It seems a very complicated roof system and frustrating.  Maybe it's easier than it looks

I'd attach what I've done but  would be very embarrassing  as I'm usually  better than this  with roofs  This one seems to elude me.

So I decide to reach out for some advice

Levina

roof plan.png

9 minutes ago, solver said:

What's the problem? Set your ceiling heights and roof defaults. Work your way around the house drawing each roof plane. You may need to adjust fascia heights.

Work your way around joining roof planes. Leave the saddle for last.

I guess the problem is I've been  at it all day and couldn't seem to get it to pull together.  I will take a break for an hour or so and start again

Hi

I know Eric said to adjust fascia heights which I have and thank you Eric, it has worked on the perimeters.   BUT I just can't get it together.  I will pay someone to fix the roof for me.

Levina

18 hours ago, decorators3 said:

SADDLE area.( have no idea what  that is - assuming it is a flat roof)

No, it's a pitched roof plane that is used to shed water from a horizontal valley that otherwise would trap water.

3 hours ago, decorators3 said:

BUT I just can't get it together.  I will pay someone to fix the roof for me.

Where's your plan file?

I'm not suggesting I would fix it, and I don't work for hire, but anyone who might help you is going to need it.

• Upvote 1