A frame

Cadwork22

I'm learning how to draft A Frames, a few questions, and I'm sure I'll have more, after constructing the walls/roof, at 20'12. how do you create a second floor, how do you push the front face inwards as to create a front overhang, and if I wanted a balcony off the second floor, how do you create an opening in down sloping roof, as to create a door.

Thanks, in advanced,

Michael

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Michael!

Have you had good results drawing an A-Frame house? I'm working on my first one and it's pretty challenging. We're working on an addition to an existing A-Frame and I'm trying to figure how the walls need to be edited so that they slope with the roof line.

16 minutes ago, ReddJammer said:

I'm trying to figure how the walls need to be edited so that they slope with the roof line.

This should be automatic. Roofs cut the top of walls automatically. Can you post an image of the area that you're having trouble with?

I'm having trouble with the bottom of the wall being cut by the roof. My addition comes off to one side so the new wall plate would lay flat on the side of the a-frame roof. So I'm trying to figure out ho451658804_Wallcut.thumb.jpg.c7dc61c8bcb9ecc51db9985f9a0f2f4d.jpgw to cut a new 2 story wall to match the existing a-frame roof line.

It looks like you may have a few issues that could be cleaned up, but have you tried checking 'Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom"?

If you post your plan file, I can take a look and offer specific advice.

image.thumb.png.1aded012deab8e768f96cc1e9b3c9732.png