Garage Floor Insulation

Hodgin

Hello all,

Home Designer Pro is new to me and so I am starting out with an easy rectangular garage (26'x28').  The footings are 16" wide and 8" tall and 8" CMU stem wall.  I am interested in putting insulation under the 4" slab. How do I add this insulation to show in a drawing?

Garage foundation.PNG

1 hour ago, Hodgin said:

Hello all,

Home Designer Pro is new to me and so I am starting out with an easy rectangular garage (26'x28').  The footings are 16" wide and 8" tall and 8" CMU stem wall.  I am interested in putting insulation under the 4" slab. How do I add this insulation to show in a drawing?

Garage foundation.PNG

Not positibve you can do this in HDP as this is the forum for Chief Architect Premier.  But look to see if in your room DBX in the general panel under floor structure if you can add more than just the 4" of concrete floor to the structure and add the 1" or 2" Rigid Insulation under the concrete layer.

7 hours ago, Hodgin said:

Hello all,

Garage foundation.PNG

In HDP you can't add layers to the floor structure, but you can make a separate slab and change the material to Insulation and set the elevation below the garage slab.

Capture.thumb.PNG.47691de359e9635ab6034570d16357b1.PNG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1