Beam with mitered edges

AlexDiversified

make it out of (3) solids and then use the Union Tool to merge them together.... and then make it into a Symbol for Future use... (set stretch Planes so the 3" part is always 3")

ie (2) pcs 4x4 square for the ends  and the middle part filleted at 3/4" rad. 90" long for a 96" / 8' Beam  

M.

31 minutes ago, AlexDiversified said:

This is basically what I want but it is a pre made object so when I go to turn it to 45* it starts getting all weird. Its labeled item P1

Ok, that is not a a 3/4" Round Over , I thought you meant something like this

image.thumb.png.b57ef4f12c2d9e2994709163373d1596.png  or  image.thumb.png.2721402589a7408bbd0d11bbcd7ccf4e.png

That is a Newel Post (P1) I think and to keep that Chamfer/routed edge you would need stretch planes but I don't think Chief Allows Stretch Planes in Rotated objects, in which case it will stretch out the "detail" and it won't look good.

M.

You can always turn off the stretch planes. Simply open the symbol once it is in your plan and click on the Advanced Sizing tab. Unclick any of the stretch plane settings that are on. That way it won't go wonky when you rotate it.

On 12/26/2023 at 1:15 PM, AlexDiversified said:

I want to just round the edges starting at 3" from the ends though. Not the entire thing rounded.

Something like this? This is two 3D solids.

Untitled1.thumb.png.5584b6155ea33d99e666ef653553d8f3.png

• Upvote 2