Library Question And Total Sqft

misty123

At the moment I currently own Home Designer Pro 2014. I'm wanting to upgrade as some clients are showing interest in 3D rendering. ( Ive downloaded CA Interiors X7)  I have just a couple of quick questions. 1st, how do I set the software up to show total sqft from outside layer? Is it possible to import libraries before I purchase the software? I want to be able to show plans as the one I have attached below. How do I go about setting this up from a 2D plan? Is there some reference materials I can read?

Thanks

Misty,

The forum is for questions and I think Robert was trying to answer your question. You asked for reference materials and he provided a link to the reference manual. You mentioned "I want to be able to show plans as the one I have attached below." and Robert was pointing out there is no plan attached in your post.

Misty,

I wasn't trying to be a smart alec - just brief. I don't know if the X7 Reference Manual is available yet, as the software is still in Beta, and I'm running X6; but the X6 manual gives you a pretty good indication of the software's capabilities and how it does things. As Kevin mentioned, square footage calcs are set up in the defaults, but these calcs may, or may not, give you exactly what you want, which is why I mentioned the Reference Manual.

As far as the libraries are concerned, I'd expect that you can import them into the trial software, but I don't think you'll be able to download the Bonus and Manufacturer libraries until you've purchased the software.

Regarding the plan you meant to attach: when you're including an attachment in your post, be sure to click the Add to Post button - the Attach This File button doesn't actually stick the file into the post:

post-95-0-02651000-1424891493_thumb.png