Importing libraries into User Catalog taking forever

kwhitt

I do most of my work on a desktop at home but when I travel, I must export my custom libraries to my laptop so that I have the most recent version of my User Catalog.  I have 21 folders under the User Catalog, and I export them individually as the total library is over 9GB.  They exported fine as they always do but this time around the import onto the laptop is taking FOREVER.  I usually drag and drop three at a time so as not to overwhelm Chief.  The first file named “Untitled 1.calibz” is taking well over 30 minutes to import into my User Catalog and the files size is only 86MB.  It did not take nearly as long two weeks ago when I went through the same process.  Has something changed in the software?  I don’t recall any updates in the last three or four weeks.  At this pace it will take several hours to get all 21 library files into Chief on my laptop.  Just two weeks ago I was able to accomplish this in under an hour.  I have also noticed that the “Import Library Data” dialog box is showing file names that aren’t even included in the solo “Untitled 1.calibz.  It’s like Chief is reading all 21 files before importing the one I am currently adding to the User Library.  Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?  I realize my User Catalog is huge, but Chief has been able to handle it with no problems for years now.  Have I reached some type of ceiling?  Thanks, Kevin

files.jpg

Never tried that , have you tried just copying the Desktop's Database Libraries Folder over to the Laptop overwriting the existing files if needed, normally I use Syncback on a daily Schedule over the network do that.

............. Documents\Chief Architect Premier X15 Data\Database Libraries > [User_Library.calib and Trash.calib]

M.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 10:53 PM, Kbird1 said:

Never tried that , have you tried just copying the Desktop's Database Libraries Folder over to the Laptop overwriting the existing files if needed, normally I use Syncback on a daily Schedule over the network do that.

............. Documents\Chief Architect Premier X15 Data\Database Libraries > [User_Library.calib and Trash.calib]

M.

Thanks Mick.  Sorry for the delay.  I'm not getting notifications again.  I'll give that a try!  Kevin

50 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Thanks Mick.  Sorry for the delay.  I'm not getting notifications again.  I'll give that a try!  Kevin

Over the network works for me, of course if scheduled they both need to be turned on , it work with more than one computer as well as I use Syncback to copy to another old workstation as well as a backup and to an Ext. USB Drive as well.

M.