Chief to .glb file format conversion help?

dskogg

I have a client that needs .glb files to use with a certain sales type software.

I tried exporting out of chief and converting to .glb with a free conversion tool.   For some reason the textures did not come with the .glb file.

Anyone know how to do this so the texture is saved in the .glb file?

2045711136_cabinetexport.thumb.jpg.78dc52bec79b81921a2f6cad89d20403.jpg

SolidBalticBirchDC18.jpg

cabinet export.plan

13 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I have a client that needs .glb files to use with a certain sales type software.

I tried exporting out of chief and converting to .glb with a free conversion tool.   For some reason the textures did not come with the .glb file.

Anyone know how to do this so the texture is saved in the .glb file?

2045711136_cabinetexport.thumb.jpg.78dc52bec79b81921a2f6cad89d20403.jpg

SolidBalticBirchDC18.jpg

cabinet export.plan 5.89 MB · 0 downloads

try blender

7 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I find blender not very intuitive… doesn’t seem to bring in object with texture?

so haven’t had much luck here…

it imports with UV mapping, tons of tutes online for blender. Its a pretty strong industry standard for modeling so worth learning :)

13 hours ago, dskogg said:

I find blender not very intuitive… doesn’t seem to bring in object with texture?

so haven’t had much luck here…

What format are you exporting to from Chief? Blender seems to bring the textures in for me when using COLLADA (aside from the texture that's missing from the uploaded plan file), and it embeds them on export to glTF. Since the textures aren't embedded in the COLLADA file, though, just exported to a directory alongside it, an online converter would fail to load them unless they were provided separately.

Also note that Blender won't show the textures unless you set the viewport shading mode to Material Preview or Rendered. See the button outlined in red here:
1388759955_blenderviewportmode.png.35838f53ca106a419b9dcceaacec77e6.png