Aluminum Window Catalog for Chief in the US ?

mthd97

I don't believe so as in most places they can't be used for residential in Nth Amer. due to not meeting energy codes for many year now, though Ali. is still used in Commercial eg Store Fronts.

So unfortunately, Users in Aust. / NZ in particular miss out though you could ask your local Supplier to become a Chief Catalogue Partner.....

M. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:09 PM, Kbird1 said:

I don't believe so as in most places they can't be used for residential in Nth Amer. due to not meeting energy codes for many year now, though Ali. is still used in Commercial eg Store Fronts.

So unfortunately, Users in Aust. / NZ in particular miss out though you could ask your local Supplier to become a Chief Catalogue Partner.....

M. 

That would certainly help the cause of Chief Architect where aluminum windows are being used in other parts of the world.

Is there any particular file format that a manufacturer could supply them in ?

3 hours ago, mattyt12 said:

Do you have any particular Manufacturer that youre after?

Not really, I am happy with just a general aluminum frame profile for Chief Architect for now. I just use the timber frame windows in CA with a thinner profile to mimic the aluminum frame. I do the same for aluminum sliding doors as well.

I was just checking to see if there were any in the manufacturers catalog at present. It would sure be nice if there were some to use but I can improvise until then.

14 hours ago, mthd97 said:

Is there any particular file format that a manufacturer could supply them in ?

If the Manufacturer already has Sketchup Models that would help Chief , and perhaps internally Chief may also have a way to convert .rfa (Revit) files though Chief itself cannot (yet.)  And I am sure DWGs for Profiles etc would work too.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/partners/catalog-partner-program.html

M.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mthd97 said:

Not really, I am happy with just a general aluminum frame profile for Chief Architect for now. I just use the timber frame windows in CA with a thinner profile to mimic the aluminum frame. I do the same for aluminum sliding doors as well.

I was just checking to see if there were any in the manufacturers catalog at present. It would sure be nice if there were some to use but I can improvise until then.

Bit of a WIP 

Dowell Windows.calibz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

If the Manufacturer already has Sketchup Models that would help Chief , and perhaps internally Chief may also have a way to convert .rfa (Revit) files though Chief itself cannot (yet.)  And I am sure DWGs for Profiles etc would work too.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/partners/catalog-partner-program.html

M.

Thank you for the tip Kbird1.

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Library > Import > (find the.calibz download)

or

Drag and Drop into a open Chief Plan View Window

M.

Awesome ! :)

But I will need it to be compatible to CAX10. I will have to go to Dowell Windows and see if they have it available for my version?