Light from outside in interior renders

msmith964

Hi all

Can anyone explain why light from the outside is coming through the tops of the walls in my interior renderings? Sun is set to 250. PBR ambient set to 250. All roof layers are on. This happens to me quite often so would love to solve. Using CA Pro X15.

Thanks!

light from outside1.jpg

13 minutes ago, msmith964 said:

Hi all

Can anyone explain why light from the outside is coming through the tops of the walls in my interior renderings? Sun is set to 250. PBR ambient set to 250. All roof layers are on. This happens to me quite often so would love to solve. Using CA Pro X15.

Thanks!

light from outside1.jpg

totally scene dependent and can be from a great number of different reasons. Do you have a roof on the building, what direction is your sun, do you have enough lights in the scene? plenty more questions to be asked as well..are you using a backdrop.

24 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

totally scene dependent and can be from a great number of different reasons. Do you have a roof on the building, what direction is your sun, do you have enough lights in the scene? plenty more questions to be asked as well..are you using a backdrop.

TLDR: this is a known issue that happens a lot

40 minutes ago, msmith964 said:

Using CA Pro X15.

I don't harp on ppl about this often but you should update your signature -- if I remember correctly this issue was more common/pronounced in older versions, but it still happens in X15. Curious to see if we'll see any improvements in 16.

33 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Standard blue sky backdrop. Tried changing and still happens. I tried changing sun direction and tilt direction. No changes.

2 hours ago, msmith964 said:

Standard blue sky backdrop. Tried changing and still happens. I tried changing sun direction and tilt direction. No changes.

post your plan?

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Curious to see if we'll see any improvements in 16.

are you in the Beta users?