Finish Schedule - How to import thumbnails

KitchenDesigner

If you browse through their sample plan files, Chief does this a lot, just not in a schedule like you have shown here - there isn't a way to include them in the Schedule like that. Just create a bunch of slabs or 3D Solids and display them in a camera view. Orthographic view in Standard set to Top View is handy to arrange them nicely.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:59 PM, KitchenDesigner said:

Does anyone know how to include thumbnails of the finishes being using on a project into the finish schedule? Example Below.

Finish Schedule Example.jpg

Definitely something @ChiefArchitect should incorporate.  The material schedule already knows what materials you're using based on what you've specified (eg - Tan tile); they would just need to add a script that tells the schedule to show the material file in a 1x1" square - similar to what you see when you open the room itself and venture to materials .  Good suggestion.

Hi @KitchenDesigner

I made this example by taking screen captures of the material texture or color, then pasted as picture over the first cell in each row. I think I had to adjust the draw order for the swatches to show on top.

We've gotten a few requests to do this automatically in Chief, unfortunately, the feature isn't available quite yet.

I've made a note to add your request for our team to review!

• Like 1