Custom Object Field Format

KristjanM

I have a number of slabs from which I draw data. I have two custom object fields which have a macro definition. The area column of the schedule provides a total. The custom object fields do not even though they are using the same area number (a formatted version). This would lead me to think that a custom object field cannot be a number (float or integer) but rather is defined as a string. Correct? Can I get a total from a custom object field? Do I need to convert the custom object string to a float?

Image 001.jpg

6 minutes ago, KristjanM said:

The custom object fields do not even though they are using the same area number (a formatted version). This would lead me to think that a custom object field cannot be a number (float or integer) but rather is defined as a string. Correct?

While we're waiting for the macro whizzes to show up, I think the issue is that formatted values can only be stored as a string. I don't know that custom fields have a limitation on how they're stored.

1 hour ago, KristjanM said:

I have a number of slabs from which I draw data. I have two custom object fields which have a macro definition. The area column of the schedule provides a total. The custom object fields do not even though they are using the same area number (a formatted version). This would lead me to think that a custom object field cannot be a number (float or integer) but rather is defined as a string. Correct? Can I get a total from a custom object field? Do I need to convert the custom object string to a float?

Image 001.jpg

currently only have the ability to total specific columns to include
You would need to find another method to populate totals. You could do this with a totals object that reports to schedule with its own custom field which does the total calcs for you through a macro that you script. Keeping in mind it would have its own column and row so may not be formatted the way you want:
image.thumb.png.abee2095850ab25cea9d49bad0583f55.png

"currently only have the ability to total specific columns to include"

Not sure what this means. I only see a check box for "Display Totals Row". No option regarding columns. Of course my wife says I'm blind on occasion, so I might have missed something.

12 minutes ago, KristjanM said:

"currently only have the ability to total specific columns to include"

Not sure what this means. I only see a check box for "Display Totals Row". No option regarding columns. Of course my wife says I'm blind on occasion, so I might have missed something.

bold indicates a searchable term or phrase in the help files. There are only certain built in columns to include within schedules that have the ability to report values to a totals row. Your custom field will not be able to report to a totals row