Ray Trace

AbeLopez

Abe:

A few things  I noticed:

• You have 44 lights switched on yet your maximum is set at 20. Best to switch off the lights in the rooms not visible to the camera (more lighting slows down the rendering) and select the default lights (in your camera settings) or set up a light set for the kitchen only (good article in the Knowledge base on this).
  • Turn off 'Bloom' in your camera settings
  • Adjust the sunlight so it shines into your scene
  • Cut back on the Ambient Light
  • In your Ray Trace settings, select 'Use Ambient Occlusion' , start with .5 - 1.5 to start (you'll need to play around with this) & 'Use Background Image'.
  • Switch on 'Enable Environment Light", set it at 2.5 to start with
  • Set your resolution to 300 dpi
  • You should also do more with your material properties & use bump maps to add depth (lot's on the Forum & Knowledge Base on this)
  • Don't tilt your camera, keep it level (I set the elevation at 96")
  • I'd also add some under cabinet lighting (rope lighting works great)

Here's what I got (10 passes):

1958247933_23-101NewFloorPlanRT.thumb.jpg.d1f20a00fcf5f7365db93f330e385b1a.jpg

Or you could skip everything I just wrote and do it as a PBR (I rarely do CPU Ray Trace any more), much faster for what I think is a superior result. This is a quick one with the sunlight set at 3000:

949671561_23-101NewFloorPlanPBRRT.thumb.jpg.c7982a34c4a723801025d63266be6dd9.jpg

Hope this helps - Eric

• Like 1

Exactly, you have way too many lights, here stay with 20, adjust them to your scene as well. Do away with all ambient light to a large extent, the option for 2.5 (or even 3) should give a better effect than before. And of course don't forget to maintain the camera itself and turn off Bloom in it.