Cove Cabinet Molding Component - How to Price Accurately?

DefinedDesign

49 minutes ago, DefinedDesign said:

Lineal Feet not Feet

I'm not sure what the difference would be. Chief is automatically measuring the crown molding and displaying it in 'feet' rounded up. It is a measurement of length.

If you'd like it to be more accurate than the rounded unit of 'feet' you could change the unit to inches.

Simply double click on the 'count' field and select a different measurement unit. The price should automatically adjust but you should double check that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Chief is automatically measuring the crown molding and displaying it in 'feet' rounded up.

Thanks for that bit of information.  My apologies for not communicating clearly about the incorrect total needing to be fixed.  I incorrectly thought by changing the feet to lineal feet it would correct the inaccurate total.

Here is the plan - testing upper and lower cabinets to price accurately for future plans.  My best guess is it seems chief is only calculating for 25" of cove molding.  I like the idea of CA rounding up to the next foot, but would really like to see an accurate price of 3' @ $4.70 foot showing a total of $14.10 instead of showing $9.80.

CabinetTest.plan