Custom Window

winterdd

That might require a variation on one of @yusuf-333 's tricks.

Bend it with a very thick wall that has the appropriate radius and a reduced Facet Angle.  Create a symbol of the window and place it in the wall rotated at 90 degrees.  Recreate the symbol and rotate it back.

image.thumb.png.1f73c01198b174643ddc8e102a19a431.png

2 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Thanks chop, let me give that a try.

Actually Rob, that was fun but I don't think it will work for you since I am not sure there is a way to keep the sides vertical.  You may need to build from scratch with moldings and solids. :(

5 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Actually Rob, that was fun but I don't think it will work for you since I am not sure there is a way to keep the sides vertical.  You may need to build from scratch with moldings and solids. :(

Yeah and it probably isn't even something you can get special ordered in a timely manner. I say just leave it an arched window at the top and move on.

55 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Yeah and it probably isn't even something you can get special ordered in a timely manner. I say just leave it an arched window at the top and move on.

One thing is for sure, you won't mistake it for a door with the arched base.

2 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I say just leave it an arched window at the top and move on.

Is that an operating window ?  If not and it is just fixed with grills then I think you could take a stock window with a slanted top and bottom and rotate it 90° then bend it.  Unfortunately I think you would need to bend a straight one first and measure the distortion to determine the initial slant you would need to start with.  Can you tell I like the original screenshot ?

20 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Is that an operating window ?  If not and it is just fixed with grills then I think you could take a stock window with a slanted top and bottom and rotate it 90° then bend it.  Unfortunately I think you would need to bend a straight one first and measure the distortion to determine the initial slant you would need to start with.  Can you tell I like the original screenshot ?

I actually ended up leaving the window alone, too much work for a window that will probably never be bought. It is fixed and I think the owner is good with the simple design I went with.