Atlas OS

jtcapa1

The Atlas OS is touted by LTT's as a great way to speed up your system for 'gaming', and CA's PBR kind of falls into that arena.

Has anybody tried running Atlas stripped down OS yet?  It is scary with all the security and updates turned off, but I like where they are going with this freeware program.

Might try it on my home computer first,  which is a basic older system that is slowing down with all the Windows 10 bloatware.

Thoughts or comments?

59 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

Thoughts or comments?

Just don't bother calling Support if it doesn't work right, there's no way that's a supported OS configuration!

Honestly though I don't know that I'd expect it to do much for PBR--assuming you're referring to the Real Time Ray Tracing--since its entire purpose is to offload 3D rendering from the CPU onto the GPU. I don't know a lot about Atlas but it sounds like the point is sort of the same, to free up resources by disabling a bunch of 
"unnecessary" services. But that's only going to affect RAM and CPU usage. I would only assume you'd see a general performance increase simply on account of the PC running better in general.

That was sort of my take from what I read on Atlas in the first place, it seems to be intended for hardcore gamers who just want to squeeze every last bit of performance out of their system. Seems a bit excessive.