ELECTRICAL LEGEND

develospec9

Hi, I’m using x10 trying to figure out how to customize the electrical legend.  I found a workaround to insert an electrical schedule and modify the fields and add the 2D image , however the 2D images are oversized .  Is there a way to resize them to the proper size ,the same size as shown in the the actual legend . I attached screenshots so you can see the difference in sizes .  

please help ! 

IMG_0296.jpeg

I think those images in the schedule are sized according to the column width.  Since the column header is limiting how small the column can get, you need to rename it.  If you open the schedule and rename "2d symbol" something like "2d" you can make the column smaller.

You might also want to play around with the "scale images" setting.  In your picture above, your fan is the same size as your outlet.  If you use "scale images", then they will be the same relative size which will make your outlet much smaller than your fan.  Without scaling them, the images will be as large as they can in the column.

And if all else fails, you can always build your own legend by just taking the cad blocks from the symbols and placing them where ever you want.  I think this is how the legend in your picture was made.  All of the cad blocks should show up in the cad block management dialog.

6 hours ago, develospec9 said:

Hi, I’m using x10 trying to figure out how to customize the electrical legend.  I found a workaround to insert an electrical schedule and modify the fields and add the 2D image , however the 2D images are oversized .  Is there a way to resize them to the proper size ,the same size as shown in the the actual legend . I attached screenshots so you can see the difference in sizes .  

please help ! 

IMG_0296.jpeg

I haven't used x10 in quite sometime and I no longer have it installed on my PC; but in X14 there is an option for the object to be scaled and even use the plan view scale
image.thumb.png.d4c1ab007102ad5b2f368c70b00bfb19.png

I know this isn't much help given it's four versions near than what you're using, but I'm not sure when they implemented this change - so maybe there is a shot it's in X10 too?