Struggling to insert a line break on an imported PDF

Mackenzie

Go to solution Solved by Dermot,

I'm working on a layout and want to insert a line break so that I can drag and adjust to hide the bottom right area of my fan tear sheet (glass and shipping) but line break icon doesn't show up like normal and clicking 3 doesn't prompt a break. I'd be happy to hear a good resource or thread to learn from as well as I've still got a lot to learn.

1315430543_Screenshot2023-06-27at4_03_11PM.thumb.png.ed9ae8e3d93955cc34cda3de31af9186.png326139465_Screenshot2023-06-27at4_03_18PM.thumb.png.c9d291374ad7f06ff420f9ad03ed5bc6.png

• Solution

I am going to assume that you imported the pdf directly onto the layout page.  Try importing the pdf into a cad detail first.  Then when you send the cad detail to the layout you will be able to shape the layout box any shape you want.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dermot said:

imported the pdf directly onto the layout page

Most likely this is the case.  Just to add on to Dermot's solution.  When you add a picture or a pdf directly to your layout you cannot reshape the box because it is not a layout box.  If you send to a plan or better yet to a cad detail as Dermot suggests then send it to layout you are able to crop the layout box to exactly how you want it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dermot said:

I am going to assume that you imported the pdf directly onto the layout page.  Try importing the pdf into a cad detail first.  Then when you send the cad detail to the layout you will be able to shape the layout box any shape you want.

You were correct and thank you for the advice, it's working just how I hoped it would now. I imported it to a far corner of my drawing this time but will try it to a CAD layout as well to try and avoid gumming up my files with extra PDFs