Lot Line Label Rotation

22trobbins

So I have a question also regarding the labeling of lot lines. is there a way to pull the label off the line, rotate it horizontally and have a leader point to the lot line?  in placing my lot plan in layout i've needed to resize the text for viewability, however some of the labels are now overlapping, and I want to clean it up.

Yes and No.  This is not an option with the tools chief provides for plot lines.  However you can have a text box that references the plot line with a leader line.  If you are not worried about keeping your layout live this works fine.  To keep it live such that things can be rotated or adjusted and it will update then you need a significant amount of Ruby know how.  Relevant attributes available for a line are limited to %length% and %angle%.

Length is relatively easy to work with but when it comes to providing Quadrant Bearing formatting for the angle then it gets exponentially complicated.   Not impossible by any means just really time consuming or very expensive.

image.thumb.png.a0a361e6854c41cc20c5988f6b6af6d1.png

or if you only need the dimension and not the coordinates, you can use a dimension and set the line type to none. then you can move the dimension label whereever you want either by moving the dimension, or the dimension label

this is a dimension tied to the pline

image.thumb.png.632561124257a1bb2506c9fe82a4a1e9.png

make the box bigger, the dimension changes with it

image.thumb.png.f5dfff366b3bb530006ce0ad9d9ade47.png

and move the dimension line upwards:

image.thumb.png.9fcc7229ed9e224ee857915e1a2bf36d.png