Editing Wall Detail Framing

Ridge_Runner

I use the generated wall framing details sent to layout to convey special framing situations and information. I struggle with the way the "x" axis works in my views. If I want to copy a framing member or relocate one in the "x" axis, I have to input the direction backwards. When you look at the elevation of the framing wall, it shows from the exterior. If "x" is positive in the plan, and I want to move a framing member to the right, positive, it moves completely reversed. In order to move right, I have to enter a negative dimension. The "y" axis works correctly, although I would think it should actually be a "z" movement. That one must be connected to it programmed like a CAD detail I guess. Anyone else have this happen? It is workable, but a pain to keep straight.

I have searched the forum, the old forum, and the manual - nothing mentioned.

Thanks, Mike

When you look at the elevation of the framing wall, it shows from the exterior. If "x" is positive in the plan, and I want to move a framing member to the right, positive, it moves completely reversed. In order to move right, I have to enter a negative dimension.

Mike,

Have a look at this setting:

Default Settings...Framing...Wall Panel...Wall detail Views.

Uncheck Build Wall Framing Details From Exterior.

This should give you +X to the right.

I assume you are using Transform/Replicate to move the framing member.

If you use the Drag/Tab method to do the moving, the positive/negative direction doesn't make any difference - the direction is set by the initial drag direction.

A wall framing detail is really just a 2D representation and therefore doesn't have a Z direction - Y is up/down, X is side/side.