Terrain Points - How to rotate Terrain and adjust overall elevation

wazzubrad

Guys, I need to figure see if I can figure out how to move 60,000 terrain points by lowering and rotating so that the house sits where it needs to and at the elevation it needs to. If you look at the snip below, I have imported the Terrain points using the "Import Terrain Data" and built my terrain which gave me the pretty mountain side below. But now need to learn how to move all of these Terrain points in unison so that the design that I created sits on the terrain at the correct elevation and orientation. Anyone willing to help me with this? The end goal would be to post a tutorial that could help people walk through these steps to end up with a accurate terrain model.

You can access my plan file here; https://gofile.me/72852/aIIUa7Mz2

image.thumb.png.6547cd4ea486461adbac08c50540f383.pngimage.thumb.png.943f225e853e05b50bb795ec7eda8392.png

For the rotation, you need to group select all the terrain data and terrain perimeter (maybe use Edit Area Visible), and then rotate with one of the rotate options like Transform/Replicate.

For the heights, the Subfloor Height Above Terrain will do the trick - no need to edit any elevation data - takes 5 seconds.

The best bit of advice I can give you is to not use Elevation Points - it will be impossible to edit your terrain with 60,000 points!

Use Elevation Lines/Splines instead of points.

Is there any chance you can get hold of the contours which you can then convert (or trace over) to get Elevation Lines/Splines. 

Here is a VERY quick example of reorienting the site and raising the building (Subfloor Height Above Terrain = 51,500"):

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 4.02.55 pm.jpg