Create within imported .obj file attributes available to %objectproperties%

IvanCyr

To some of the more capable gurus within the Chief community in material lists and ruby coding,

I have a complex .obj file imported into Chief.  I have been able to import the entire model into Chief successfully with each component within the model given a specific material.  I can "see" the materials in the %objectproperties% macro.  First, I want to do the following:

1. Provide a numerical integer value to the individual symbol components in Chief of any given material (do this manually). For example, for an imported chair, I would like 4 legs identified (manually set) to which a specific material has been given.  The seat cushion would be one item.  The frame another item.  The 6 vertical support rods of a 4th material defined within %objectproperties%.

Effectively, I want to be able to create a hash of:

item 1; material A; count a\

item 2; material B; count b\

item 3; material C; count c\

item 4; material D; count d\

Second, create some way to cumulatively add ALL imported .obj chairs (variable x) around a dining room table (repackage all chairs as an architectural block ideally or some other method) and provide a total count of each item.  As a note, chairs may NOT be identical.

Ideally want the attributes available in %objectproperties%.  If not, then a second option would be to have components listed in the Mat List.

I look forward to replies,

Ivan

Second using Alaskan for specifically what you are asking for, he is a great service and great to work with.
Alternatively, why not simply leave individual components as individual components and block them into your chair, which can report to whatever schedule you like or material list...or, build your chair out of a cabinet, by converting your components to cabinet doors/millwork and pulling a material list from that?
image.thumb.png.248f4f88fbbdad5d49cba619c45950c9.png

11 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I could probably help you set this up, but it would take more than offering a quick tip and as such I would need to be on the clock.  Shoot me over an example plan via email if you're interested and I'll see if I can help you get it sorted. 

Thank you for the reply.  I'll send you an email tomorrow with more specifics. 

Ivan

9 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Second using Alaskan for specifically what you are asking for, he is a great service and great to work with.
Alternatively, why not simply leave individual components as individual components and block them into your chair, which can report to whatever schedule you like or material list...or, build your chair out of a cabinet, by converting your components to cabinet doors/millwork and pulling a material list from that?
image.thumb.png.248f4f88fbbdad5d49cba619c45950c9.png

Thx Rene. I need a bit more sophistication but I love this idea you for going there.  I'm sure it will come in hand in the future! I'll chat up Alaskan on this one. Thanks for the reply regardless.