Moving structure on terrain

Skip_D

Good Evening,

I am moving an existing building on a lot.  I have fully developed the existing terrain (it's slopes), and have also fully developed the existing structure.  The project now involves literally picking up structure and relocating it on the lot.

QUESTION - is it better to selected the structure and move it on the lot (like we do in real life), or am i better off shifting the terrain under the building.  For this exercise I've done it both ways, and while both are easy tasks and seem to work without issue, I am getting slightly different results in how the slope lot 'hits' the building.  The 'Subfloor above terrain' dimension isn't changing in the dialogue box.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Skip

X14

3 hours ago, Skip_D said:

Good Evening,

I am moving an existing building on a lot.  I have fully developed the existing terrain (it's slopes), and have also fully developed the existing structure.  The project now involves literally picking up structure and relocating it on the lot.

QUESTION - is it better to selected the structure and move it on the lot (like we do in real life), or am i better off shifting the terrain under the building.  For this exercise I've done it both ways, and while both are easy tasks and seem to work without issue, I am getting slightly different results in how the slope lot 'hits' the building.  The 'Subfloor above terrain' dimension isn't changing in the dialogue box.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Skip

X14

Never move the building always the terrain.

• Upvote 3