Parallel Cord Roof Trusses on the Rake

KnotSquare

New upgrade to X15 had a great upgrade to floor trusses. Now I can lose my 3.5" wide joist place holders to keep my Material Lists accurate.

What I could use to compliment this is the same truss on the rake. I design a lot of homes with at least some portion vaulted and the only way to make the top of windows match the pitch on the interior and exterior is to have the roof and the ceiling be the same pitch as well.

For my final plans I call out parallel cord trusses. Basically this is a floor truss pitch up to match the rake. Does anyone know if Chief is capable of such a maneuver?

Thanks to the Group,

Mark

i assume you mean roof truss pitch to match the rake?

yes, you use 2 ceiling planeswith the same pitch as the roof, or whatever pitch the parallel chord truss bottom chord is. CA will build the trusses between the ceiling and the roof.

Its been a while since I have done it, but I would put a beam at the ridge(assuming you have a beam in the middle) and then manually draw a truss on either side, and then use the multiple copy tool to copy the trusses. if you have no beam, then the auto truss tool should just work i would think as long as the ceiling planes are correct

or maybe am I missing the question to begin with