green bleed through slab

mtldesigns

Go to solution Solved by Designers_Ink,

How do I correct this?  I have a foundation, roof, model is almost done... but when I do a daylight camera view of the enclosed outdoor kitchen, I get a green glow at the base.  This room is mostly enclosed so for grass to be reflecting onto this, to me is impossible.   No where else on this slab house, just right here I get the glow.

green glow.jpg

Hi Michael,

If you are able to share the plan that would be very helpful in tracking down the issue. I was able to reproduce a similar behavior by creating an outdoor room with the slab room type and a slab foundation. Adding a floor finish layer with a texture eliminated the light bleed in my scenario. Without the plan I can't say for sure this will resolve your issue but it might be something to try.

19 minutes ago, DanDeBroeck said:

share the plan

Here you go Dan.  I tried the changing the room type also, and it didn't seem to work.  Its that grass, for some reason it bleads through all around, but with each pass it fades.. except here.  That was 4500 samples.  Night camera works great!  

This is a very stripped down version to get it to zip.  I still need to work the ceiling in the main house, that shouldn't be the issue.. should it?  

52 minutes ago, Designers_Ink said:

sunlight down to about 300

I did this to..  was my first thought also.  

GRIMES BARN HOME WITH GLOW.zip

1 hour ago, Designers_Ink said:

sunlight down to about 300

Jeff, I take my earlier comment back.  The first time I changed the suns intensity "adjust sunlight" in the camera setting..  that didn't work.  However I just changed the Daytime Backdrop Intensity via the Rendering Tech Options.. that did work!  Thanks man...

Thank you for providing the plan. I do see some light bleed from the backdrop which may be mitigated by reducing the intensity. I found adding a 1/8" thick floor finish layer with a texture eliminated a great majority of the light bleed in that room without having to modify the backdrop intensity.