Round Room Challenges

DRyeHD

Go to solution Solved by Garybills,

I'm designing a home with a "silo" attached (I'm in x15 - file is attached).  I'm stuck on a couple of items.

1. I can't get the trim on one side of a doorway into the round room to conform to the wall going into the room.  I've done some looking but haven't found anything specific to this.  Suggestions?

2.  I've tried to arc the roof plane edge (a rounded roof) to the side of the silo.  I'm getting a lot of broken edges and the exterior wall above the entrance to the round room is open.  Suggestions on how to clean this up?

Also, in trying to attach the file, I had to delete everything except what is in the attached file along with purging the unused CAD Blocks and materials.  Before zipping, the attached file was 34.7MB.  The working plan file is 42.8MB.  Any ideas why the file is so big?

SiloRoof.png

Silo2ndFlrOnly.zip

36 minutes ago, Garybills said:

Edit wall layer intersections for the wall issue other than the one piece of base.  Make one roof plane and make it curved the break as needed to fit against silo. Did these in X15.Capture.thumb.PNG.1b7af9ebe9ef36204e38033a051e20cf.PNG1249937469_Capture2.thumb.PNG.8dca2117d8131fb79f458830dfc6ecbf.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

@Garybills you make this look easy.  I'll follow your instructions and see how it works.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, DRyeHD said:

1. I can't get the trim on one side of a doorway into the round room to conform to the wall going into the room.  I've done some looking but haven't found anything specific to this.  Suggestions?

You currently can't do that with doors and windows. Your best bet is to raise the bottom of the wall up, and you'll have some cleanup to do in the corner of the arch.

image.thumb.png.586d9f4f14f2b622040fc284ffe7da61.png

ConnectedSilo.plan