Doorways In Door Schedule

rlackore

I've added doorways to my door schedule:

post-95-0-22980900-1423158827_thumb.png

The components listed for a doorway only include trim, so I added a Doors subcategory and entered the Description I want...

post-95-0-18010700-1423158837_thumb.png

...but the schedule still shows "Doorway" under the description:

post-95-0-80204600-1423158845_thumb.png

Any guidance is appreciated.

Joe, if you look at the second pic in my post you'll see that I opened the Components list, added a new subcategory for Doors, and entered a description. Neither the description under the Trim category or the Door category shows up in the schedule (3rd pic).

Sub Category is not the correct line item.  Check the actual Door line in the Components List and edit that Description Field

I'm confused. Here is a screen grab of the Components dbx for the cased opening. I added the Door (D1) category, and added a description:

post-95-0-91804500-1423165897_thumb.png

Ahhhh......

There is no default "Doorway" line in the Components List for a Doorway.  In order  for the User Defined Category to be displayed in the schedule you have to add that category to the schedule as a separate column.

The other option would be to use an actual Door instead of a Doorway and set the material to "Opening - No Material".  You would probably also need to do some visibility editing of the door in Plan.

Ahhhh......

There is no default "Doorway" line in the Components List for a Doorway.

Do you mean there is no Doorway category in the Materials List>Categories dbx?

post-95-0-69015500-1423166617_thumb.png

If so, I'm aware of the omission; but doorways are created in the Doors dbx - why the heck can't CA just treat it like any other door - at least for component and schedule purposes?

So I'll end up doing what I've done before with a similar issue: draw a wall to the side of the plan, place doors to "stand in" for the doorways in the schedule, and call it a day. My main beef with this work-around is that it's not obvious if someone else picks up the project at a later date.