Copy terrain and features from on plan to another?

Skip_D

4 hours ago, Skip_D said:

Hi All,

Is it possibe to copy terrain from one plan to another?  Along with elevation data, features, etc.?

thanks

Skip

When you copy your terrain it will then paste as a polyline in the new plan. 

You then need to convert it to a terrain perimeter. 
(You’ll have to first delete any existing terrain in the new plan if there is one)

Then you can go back to copy all of your elevation data etc and they will now paste properly in the new plan, since you’ve just created a terrain perimeter from the previous step. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, Michael_Gia said:

When you copy your terrain it will then paste as a polyline in the new plan. 

You then need to convert it to a terrain perimeter. 
(You’ll have to first delete any existing terrain in the new plan if there is one)

Then you can go back to copy all of your elevation data etc and they will now paste properly in the new plan, since you’ve just created a terrain perimeter from the previous step. 

Hi Michael - I am not understanding how to copy and paste the terrain elevation data. When I copy it over it is blank and creates a poly line box. Even after I create a terrain permitter, still only a poly box will paste. What am I missing? Thanks!

13 hours ago, JakeFoxBuilders said:

Hi Michael - I am not understanding how to copy and paste the terrain elevation data. When I copy it over it is blank and creates a poly line box. Even after I create a terrain permitter, still only a poly box will paste. What am I missing? Thanks!

Maybe post the plan?

As long as you are pasting elevation data onto a terrain then it will behave as elevation data.

Are you grouping the elevation data as a block and pasting it, or as individual items?