Rotate object about point relative to another object

Jake1976

Does anyone know if there's a way to rotate an object about a point and align relative to another object, or to an absolute angle.  I tried Transform/Replicate, but it seems that Transform/Replicate ignores the selected point.  Perhaps there's another way? It's not a huge deal, but would be nice and seems like there should be a way to do this. If not, at least I've learned how Transform/Replicate will allow me to rotate to an absolute angle. 

Jacob 

18 minutes ago, Jake1976 said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to rotate an object about a point and align relative to another object, or to an absolute angle.  I tried Transform/Replicate, but it seems that Transform/Replicate ignores the selected point.  Perhaps there's another way? It's not a huge deal, but would be nice and seems like there should be a way to do this. If not, at least I've learned how Transform/Replicate will allow me to rotate to an absolute angle. 

Pretty sure that should work for you but it is not technically the "selected point" but the "Current Point" which is not selected but the most recently placed point.   Not sure if that was just a typo or if that was a misunderstanding but it is an important detail.  Hope that helps.

Sorry, yes, that's what I meant, current point.  I think I figured it out.  Transform/Replicate. Select "current point" Enter the angle, or pitch. What I'm noticing is that it depends on which line you have selected in the polyline, which I can't figure out the logic behind, so it may require some trial and error until I get used to it.  Drafting in Chief is an alien experience after 20 years of Autocad!