View Draw Order Edit Tools don't populate

DefinedDesign

Go to solution Solved by DefinedDesign,

When I select the View Draw Order Edit button the tools are not populating as it shows in this video.  I'm using X8.  

I created a table and added two end chairs and then added a group of three side chairs, copied the side chair group, reflected about the table.  Unfortunately unlike all the other chairs the copied group of chairs I can't get to show under the table in plan view.  

After watching the above video I realized in x8 I've never seen this group of tools populate when selecting the View Draw Order Edit button giving me other options.

Grateful for your support.

27 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Drawing Groups were much simpler in X8.  Select the table and then use the Drawing Group tool to move it to the front over top of the chairs.

That video was done using X9.   Update for more controls if you can.

Thanks unfortunately selecting the drawing group doesn’t work for the copied group of chairs. I was able to get the table in front of all the other single and grouped chairs just not the copied group. 

Restarted my computer, ungrouped all the copied group chairs and it still doesn’t work. 

I must be missing something. 

4 hours ago, DefinedDesign said:

Thanks unfortunately selecting the drawing group doesn’t work for the copied group of chairs. I was able to get the table in front of all the other single and grouped chairs just not the copied group. 

Restarted my computer, ungrouped all the copied group chairs and it still doesn’t work. 

I actually still have X8 installed so I went back and gave it a try with the Core Catalog Rectangular Craftsman Set and it all seems to work fine even deleting half the chairs and copying the rest back over to the empty side as you described.  Multi select or single select and the selected item comes to the top group.

Maybe post your set as a library item or a plan file with the set in it and I can give it a try.

• Solution
17 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

I actually still have X8 installed so I went back and gave it a try with the Core Catalog Rectangular Craftsman Set and it all seems to work fine even deleting half the chairs and copying the rest back over to the empty side as you described.  Multi select or single select and the selected item comes to the top group.

Maybe post your set as a library item or a plan file with the set in it and I can give it a try.

I ungrouped everything with the table and chairs and then grouped the table and chairs and the table stayed on top.  I appreciate your help.  Still don't understand why it would not work with some of chairs grouped.

I am very grateful for your help in troubleshooting this issue.