Boxed Eve Doesn't Show On One Roof Plane

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

I placed (the roof cover over the steps per the clients request) I selected both roof planes (one at a time), and checked boxed eve for each, however the boxed eve shows only on one eve. The placement of the columns has nothing to do with it, as they were placed after everything else (steps, roof, etc) were already done.

It may be due to the fact the angle of the existing summer house to the main house is 6 degrees off of perpendicular.  I added the odd angles to the snap dialog hoping it would be accepted by the software, but I also did the make parrallel tool for insurance. The join roof tool worked fine for joining the roof planes as far as I can determine, I just can't get the boxed eve on the one plane.

I don't think this client is ever going to STOP changing things that affect the roof, but currently it's "one day at a time"!

post-1662-0-98782000-1422983877_thumb.png

Current Progress Set 2.2.2015.zip

One option you might try would be to delete the problem roof plane and then copy and rotate the other roof plane 180 degrees. After you place the copy in position, it might be necessary to draw it back and use the Join Roof Planes tool to complete the connection.

Good luck.

• Solution

Just as I THOUGHT! ZOOMED in so close and could see a slight miss-alignment in the ridge, but there was a ridge cap some how. Kept joining roof planes several times, (after copy pasting the good side and rotating as previously attempted) this time IT WORKED!!! If at first you don't succeed, stop sucking those seedless oranges!

BTW-I know there is a gap between the top of the columns and the eve beam. That's on purpose. I've yet to model the special curved decrotive trusses, and other fret work that will finally become a part of the (timber frame look)when finished. I just haven't had the time to work on them (and since they keep changing things I thought it wise to wait).

post-1662-0-47153400-1422999589_thumb.png