Slow plan suggestions?

LightHouse_Doug

Go to solution Solved by KenL-sdd,

16 hours ago, robdyck said:

We're on the same page here Doug. Those types of details are usually at a larger scale and not part of the model, so a CAD detail is quite normal.

For a section camera, I'm referring to a building section view, usually at 1/4" scale (or similar scale to the floor plan); a more general drawing, not overly detailed. I never have any issues dimensioning in those views and I don't think I've used a cad section drawing in probably around 15- 20 years. Gotta love it when you start referring to time in decades...:(

Hmm, maybe I need to play around more with dimension settings in live section views and try to get it to work better. In general, we're trying to move away from creating a million pages of chopped up details, and instead just create highly detailed complete sections. On projects we build, we have our computers and monitors on site and this makes it very easy to zoom in on and print whatever detail we need at the moment, while being able to see it in the context of the whole section. We are trying to also have contractors learn the program so they can access the model in this way too. 

1 hour ago, LightHouse_Doug said:

Hmm, maybe I need to play around more with dimension settings in live section views and try to get it to work better. In general, we're trying to move away from creating a million pages of chopped up details, and instead just create highly detailed complete sections. On projects we build, we have our computers and monitors on site and this makes it very easy to zoom in on and print whatever detail we need at the moment, while being able to see it in the context of the whole section. We are trying to also have contractors learn the program so they can access the model in this way too. 

Doug,

Sometimes in live sections, I need to use a point marker as the point of dimension. While Chief dimensions to the correct point in the section, the leader line will shoot out into space. Using the point marker stops this from happening. If you don't want to see the point marker, then just make it smaller after you have what you want. Maybe point marker size .002

Ken