Materials List Report

dfn001

Chief Architect Premier X14

My project default room size has 9 foot ceiling heights.  The material list for the entire residence indicates a count of 265 wall boards but the wall board sizes are reported as 48"x96"x1/2". Am I to assume the total square footage of drywall is correct; i.e. 265 x 4 x 8 = 8,480 sq ft?  Or is there something I need to do to change the default size of the wall board before I generate the Materials List?

Thanks,

David Niolet   

David

When you set up your wall type under drywall open it and you can select 4.5' boards. You can also edit materials by switching from material list to plan material. Make a copy and edit to size boards you're using. Make sure it reports to the material list 

I was looking for the number of sheets of drywall.  However I believe there is a problem with the way C/A does the calculations.  I did a materials list for a single room which is about 13'x13'.  Granted there are doors and windows that I have not accounted for but the software reported back there were only 2 sheets of drywall required.  Has anyone experienced this kind of disconnect?

Thanks,

David Niolet

I drew a 13 x 13 - 9' default ceiling. Set the drywall layer in the wall specification to 4.5 x 12'  - made sure in plan materials it was oriented correctly. Made sure the ceiling was 5/8 to differentiate. Then rebuild walls floors and ceilings Here's what I got - 

Screenshot 2022-12-08 155559.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-08 155645 2.jpg