Plan File Delinks From Layout (bug)

BlairDrafting

Hi all,

I've been working on X14 for a few months, and I've noticed a bug I can't seem to fix or find a work-around. When working in a layout file the plan file will sometimes delink from all the layout's viewports when I use the undo button. It usually only takes a few minutes to relink all the viewports to the plan file, but recently this happened, and it corrupted the plan file to the point it was unusable.

I've never seen this happen in X13 so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way X14 manages linked viewports. Has anyone else had this issue, and do you know a way to fix it?

Thanks,

We have no reports of any problems like this.

If you can reproduce this problem, then please report this to our technical support team.  You will need to include your layout and all of your referenced plan files along with the steps needed to reproduce this problem (such as what you did right before you used undo).

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2022 at 10:18 AM, Dermot said:

We have no reports of any problems like this.

If you can reproduce this problem, then please report this to our technical support team.  You will need to include your layout and all of your referenced plan files along with the steps needed to reproduce this problem (such as what you did right before you used undo).

There is one issue that is known and that is an issue when using dropbox and some other cloud services and working on the plan without downloading them to your computer.  It was an issue that dropbox had at some point but still comes up occasionally.

15 minutes ago, BlairDrafting said:

Thanks Dermot. Next time it happens I will submit the report to the technical team.

On 10/31/2022 at 11:26 AM, rgardner said:

There is one issue that is known and that is an issue when using dropbox and some other cloud services and working on the plan without downloading them to your computer.  It was an issue that dropbox had at some point but still comes up occasionally.

My situation is similar in a broad sense. I've been working from an external drive with multiple plan files linked to one layout, some of which are linked from a different computer. The layouts I've been given to work with are often messy and are usually from previous versions of CA. I can see how X14 might have difficulty with reading from multiple sources and different CA versions.