When using fencing to create a block wall with Posts...how do I increase the panel size?

DIYJon

I've got a fence that I've made into a block wall by using Panels and Post to Rail.  I'm running into two challenges.

1.  When I drag the fence out, I want a specific length of fence with a post (pilaster) at each end.  It seems that CA takes over and inserts posts wherever it wants despite defining the "on center" value of the Newels/Balusters.  If I create a short length wall, it puts a post at each end.  But, when I get over a certain length (arbitrary), it puts a post centered in the middle of the fence and one on each end, and even further, it starts to evenly space them not according to the "on center" value, so I can't make a shorter wall with two posts beyond a specific length, which I haven't determined.

2.  I've been wrestling with CA regarding creating posts that are rectangular.  I created a rectangle polyline and that didn't work, then I created a rectangle 3D solid and that also doesn't work.  I was only able to convert the primitive to a symbol, and then when I try to select it for the Newels/Posts type, it's not listed in the user library as an option...so I'm confused about how to make that happen.

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.

1. Chief uses the post spacing as a maximum distance between the posts and will then will always space the posts evenly.  You may be able to get what you want by specifying a large spacing and then adding break points to get the posts where you want.

2. Make your rectangular post using a solid (or some other 3d object) and then convert it into a "millwork" symbol.