How to center a plan

KarenC

I have one plan that is incredibly slow.  The only thing I can think that might do this if the plan is not centered?   I am using X14.  The x,y axis showing at the bottom of the plan is not anywhere near 0,0.  How can I tell if the plan is too far off center and that is slowing it down?  Thank you.

I tried to figure out how to do this today. Here is what I did, though I bet there is a better way.

1) I created a pair of intersecting CAD lines, basically a cross/ + sign.

2) I used the transform tool to move the position of that cross to 0,0,0. You can specify an absolute position in the Transform dialog.

3) I used Edit Area->Edit All Floors and selected the whole plan.

4) I used the point to point move tool to move the plan. I used the center of the front door as Point A and the center of the cross as Point B.

5) Delete the cross or hide it on its own layer.

Seemed to work, but again, surely there is an easier way.

For a faster way to move the plan to the origin, you can just use edit area and then the transform/replicate dialog to move it to the origin.  Setting a point at the origin (using input point) and then using point-to-point move, would allow you to set the origin to something more specific in your plan, like the lower left wall corner.

I believe that having a plan really far away from the origin can cause all kinds of problems, but I don't think it will cause slow downs.  My guess is that it is something else about your plan that is causing it to be slow.

• Like 1