Roof Plane Heights

SamPWB

1 hour ago, solver said:

@SamPWB

Please check your messages -- envelope icon top of page.

How could we? 

What does a cross section look like? Did you change the roof plane?

Well, we could start by not being sarcastic to others who don't have the same knowledge as you.  I used auto roof then move a couple (not shown in this CS). The ones shown are auto generated.

Here is one cross section.

606073867_2022-10-20(3).thumb.png.abaee07115dd059fa4e038f77cc52ed7.png

When I get this message it's usually because the roof plane baseline is not sitting on the outside of the wall. Make sure the Roof, Baselines layer is on in your plan view. To select the baseline, click on the roof plane, then hit the Tab key. Move the baseline so that it sits on the outside edge of the wall.

Cody

And if you really want answers and fast, get used to posting the plan here.

No need to give away secrets.  Save a copy with some generic filename, strip out all the stuff that doesn't relate to the problem at hand.  Terrain.  Furniture.  Fixtures.  Cabinets.  All the decorations.  If it is over the 14 MB limit for direct attachment, zip it.

If you'd posted a plan right up front, you'd be sure to have you answer by now, the right answer.  Short of that, we are just guessing.  And a lot of us don't like to guess.  We skip your post.

Remember Car Talk?  That long-running radio show on NPR with the two brothers Click and Clack?  Someone would call in and say something like, and I am paraphrasing, "any idea why my top of plate is locked?"

The hook that show had, why you kept it on, listened every Saturday, was this:  they made it entertaining, the way they probed and probed, funny comments and questions, while they drilled into the problem, to get to the solution.  

Well, this is Chief Talk, not Car Talk.  It's not a live conversation, in which we can ask for more detail.  So give all the details right up front, and you'll get good help, always.  And fast.

• Like 2