Perspective camera sent to layout using 'current screen' issue?

DrawingABlank

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

Any one have issue with this?

I seem to have a an issue when sending Perspective camera to layout using 'current screen'. (I will call it the image)
The the image is resized to fit properly on the layout page a 'ghosting' of the original size shows up after printing to pdf. (using cutepdf)

It was apparent because the original image size ended up overlapping any other layout items. Creating lightened line color on the other layout items.
Confirmed the source of the ghosting by moving the image on the layout and printing again. The ghosting of original size moved as well.
It is not visible when previewing the pdf in print preview. Adjusting the images layer order does not correct it and may even ghost over the images actual visible area.

I am unable to post the plan and layout sorry. Just wanted to put this out there while still fresh in mind.

2 attachments - one showing the layout box borders displayed and the other is showing the ghosting after it is printed to pdf.

layout boxes shown.JPG

area showing ghosting once printed.JPG

• Solution

So just to confirm.  Is it ghosting beyond the edges of the layout box?  When you run into a PDF issue you should always run a comparison with Chief's PDF printer.  Not much else will regularly out preform the "Chief Architect Save As PDF" when used with Chief.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the ghosting goes beyond the actual layout box/border for the image. I suppose saying the it is an artifact of the original size is probably better description than the term ghosting.

I will try the chief pdf. Thanks for the tip. I guess at some point from x1 I had issues with Chiefs pdf printer and never bothered to try it with newer versions.

What is also interesting is the construction lines on the adjacent elevation views are not being lightened while the cad lines are. (Same item sent to layout)

1 hour ago, DrawingABlank said:

The chief save as pdf worked. Thanks Chopsaw.

I once had the opposite problem of something I had masked over in layout and did not want anyone to see became visible in another application.  So you need to be very careful.