Curving an Object in Two Different Planes

Dexter1

2 minutes ago, mthd97 said:

Yes he had to be very patient to bend them along the nodes in both planes.

I gave up once I couldn’t get them to bend in the second plane.

You got some very good methods outlined above.

keep in mind I would absolutely just handle this in any of the 3 other programs I have that use extrusions along a path. WAYYYYYY simpler for any kind of complex extrusion 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

keep in mind I would absolutely just handle this in any of the 3 other programs I have that use extrusions along a path. WAYYYYYY simpler for any kind of complex extrusion 

Cool ! You could send me a private message to show what other CAD you would prefer to use as the simplest method to achieve an automatic extrusion along a double curved path ?

I watched a few videos on Sketchup about curved modelling but the GUI just confused me.

I have clearly highlighted on the Archicad forum the benefits of using Chief Architect because it does a great job of many things that Archicad can’t do as well as Chief can just yet.

I kid you not but I was able to model up a bullnose verandah like the one in this picture below in CAV6.0. I did it with attaching a custom curved molding profile to a tiny width but long countertop segment. This is what we do in that part of Australia.

That’s why I many others kept on using CA.

8CD885FB-B4E7-400C-A1BC-CFD1BDC0E951.jpeg