Interior dimensions

winterdd

Double click the Interior Dimension tool to open the active dimension defaults. Select 'Locate Interior'. You'll see that Wal Options has different settings available than Locate Manual or Locate End to End.

If I were you, I'd use the Locate Manual or Locate End to End tool instead and customize it's Locate Objects properties.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Double click the Interior Dimension tool to open the active dimension defaults. Select 'Locate Interior'. You'll see that Wal Options has different settings available than Locate Manual or Locate End to End.

If I were you, I'd use the Locate Manual or Locate End to End tool instead and customize it's Locate Objects properties.

Nice Rob, will give it a go. thanks

Quick example Rob, I don't really need to dimensions most of these items in a floor plan, certainly not very often.

So when I drag a dimension it picks up what I want it to. I can still manually drag an extension to a cabinet if I have the need.

image.thumb.png.df70ac9e9a2b7db11f36db074156ee1a.png

11 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Quick example Rob, I don't really need to dimensions most of these items in a floor plan, certainly not very often.

So when I drag a dimension it picks up what I want it to. I can still manually drag an extension to a cabinet if I have the need.

image.thumb.png.df70ac9e9a2b7db11f36db074156ee1a.png

Yeah i have been manually dragging dim lines here and there but want to use CA's speed of things to the fullest. It gets confusing in the settings when you do wall elevations, as an example, and it wanting to dimension things like the molding on top of cabinets which I hate so I very rarely mess with dim settings.