Moving stairs....

65Shelby

Seems like this should be pretty easy but when I try I its not working so I am sure I am doing something wrong.  I would like to select these stairs and move them to the right, where the top of the stairs is flush with the wall (green line).
What am I missing?  Any ideas would be helpful.
Thank you in advance.

2022-08-15 14_16_57-Chief Architect Premier X13.jpg

Ok well that KINDA worked.  I cant seem to eliminate or pull back the flooring so the first step is about 14" and as you go down the stairs, you will bump your head.
How can I move or adjust that landing\flooring?

2022-08-15 14_32_42-Chief Architect Premier X13.jpg

You can only move the stairs on the floor you drew them on.

If you have an open below room to make the stairwell opening, you need to move the railings or walls you created it with to change the shape of it.  If you have a railing with an automatic opening at the top of the stair, you will usually get the opening when you click on it but you can get the railing by using the tab key.  Another thing you can do is delete all of the railings on the upper floor and then just use the "auto stairwell" tool to generate new ones.

If none of this helps, then you should post the plan.

16 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

You can only move the stairs on the floor you drew them on.

If you have an open below room to make the stairwell opening, you need to move the railings or walls you created it with to change the shape of it.  If you have a railing with an automatic opening at the top of the stair, you will usually get the opening when you click on it but you can get the railing by using the tab key.  Another thing you can do is delete all of the railings on the upper floor and then just use the "auto stairwell" tool to generate new ones.

If none of this helps, then you should post the plan.

Thanks DB, or should I call you Dan?   :)
I am using the CA "Lake-Point" plan on CA13 and reconfiguring it so Im not sure where Scott built the stairs but I am guessing the 2nd or lower floor.  I will try your suggestions later tonight and let you know what I come up with.  Thank you.