X7 Split Cabinet With Two Sinks

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by ArthurDent,

Just tried the new feature, have half a dozen vanities to do in a house and thought this would make life easier..

Split the cabinet no problem- then tried to add two sinks. I can't figure it out- anyone try this? If you were successful what makes it work?

Also- from what I can tell there is no way to eliminate hardware on the false drawers at the sinks, correct?

• Solution

You can put as many sinks as you want into a cabinet by dropping them into the plan first and then dragging them on top of the cabinet.  They won't stick with the cabinet though.

You can change the drawer front to a panel which won't have any hardware.  Then choose the panel style from the library that matches your other drawer fronts.

These all work in X6 so I assume they will still work in X7 too.

Not quite- it doesn't assemble cabinets rather it splits one.

It takes a cabinet and allows you to split the face, vertically and or horizontally (don't see if there is a limit to how many) then assign each section as neded- i.e 72" cabinet- split vertical into 3 sections, make left a sink base, center a drawer base, and right a sink base. You can assign left and right stiles and a default separation, individual horizontal seperations as before. Perfect to make a double sink vanity, but doesn't accept two sinks.

When I said the "old method" that is to make individual cabinets adjust stiles as needed then block- which is closer to mulling windows. That at least give me control over the sinks- top drawer hardware is done the same either way.